435 Indio Way
Located in the technological hub of Silicon Valley, a 40-year-old office space receives a high-tech retrofit that delivers near Net-zero energy use and an above-market-rate lease.
- Secured 10-year lease at above-market rates
- Dynamic glass contributes to 88% reduction in HVAC load capacity
- Exceeds California’s Title 24 energy code requirements
A single-story tilt-up built in the early ’70s, the 32,000 square foot office building in Sunnyvale, California, had been vacant for some time. It required a high-tech facelift that would reflect the forward-thinking mindset of the area and attract tenants. The developer decided to upgrade the building with two goals in mind: create a highly energy efficient building and exceed California’s new, stringent Title 24 Energy Code requirements, which require that all new commercial construction be Net-zero energy by 2030.
The developer also understood that buildings are about people and improvements that provide better views and more natural light can increase productivity and command a higher rental price.
Almost 2,000 square feet of View Dynamic Glass was installed in fixed and operable windows and in the storefront lobby doors. The operable windows were motorized and automated to permit natural ventilation.
View Dynamic Glass enabled the developer to achieve a Net-zero energy-cost-building with the possibility of implementing other energy-efficient features to achieve a Net-zero Energy Project. Within three months of completion, the developer was able to secure a long-term lease at above market rates.
- Contributed to a reduction in HVAC capacity requirements by 88 percent
- Meets facade design specifications, exceeding California Title 24 Energy Code
- Integrates with automated operable windows used for ventilation
- Creates inviting, comfortable workspace that commands premium market pricing
- Provides uninterrupted views of the outdoors and natural daylight for occupants
Punched hole operables; doors; bi-folding doors
Make & Model:
2”x4” aluminum storefront system bi-folding doors: Arcadia 8000 Series
6mm tempered clear with EC on surface #2
1/2" black warm edge spacer
6mm tempered clear